Connect Market ("Connect Market”, "we", "us", "our") is committed to complying with applicable privacy laws in relation to the personal information that we collect in the course of running our business.
In this document:
- "APPs" means the Australia Privacy Principles set out in the Privacy Act;
- "personal information" has the meaning set out in the Privacy Act, and (in summary) means information or an opinion about an identified individual or an individual who is reasonably identifiable, whether true or otherwise;
- "Privacy Act" means the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth); and
- "sensitive information" has the meaning set out in the Privacy Act, and includes certain specific types of personal information such as health information, and information about a person's racial or ethnic origin, sexual orientation or practices, criminal record, religious beliefs or affiliations, political opinions, membership of a political, professional or trade association, and biometric and genetic information.
1. How we collect your personal information
We will collect and hold your personal information in a fair and lawful manner, and not in an intrusive way. Where it is reasonably practical to do so, we will collect your personal information directly from you. We may collect the personal information you directly give us through some of the following means:
- when you make an inquiry or request services (or if you are a service provider, offer to provide services) via our booking platform, whether via our website located at www.connectmarket.com.au (the Website), mobile applications that we make available from time to time (App), via phone or other means;
- in administering and performing any contracts with service providers;
- from correspondence (whether in writing or electronically);
- when you upload content to or interact (in an identifiable manner) with our Website, App or our social media pages;
- while conducting customer satisfaction and market research surveys;
- if you attend any of our premises, we may record certain contact details so that we can comply with applicable laws, and we may also record your image and/or voice if we have surveillance systems operating at those premises;
- when administering any of our services; and
- as otherwise required to manage our business.
However, in certain cases we may collect personal information from publicly available sources and third parties, such as our service providers, end customers, business partners and where you download and use our App, from the providers of the Apple App or Google Play stores. If you apply for a role with us, we may also collect personal information about you from recruitment agencies, former employers and referees.
If we collect personal information about you from a third party we will, where appropriate, request that the third party inform you that we are holding such information, how we will use and disclose it, and that you may contact us to gain access to and correct and update the information.
2. Types of personal information we collect
The types of personal information we collect about you depends on the circumstances in which the information is collected. Typically, the types of personal information we may collect can include (but is not limited to) your name, address, email address and phone number.
If we enter into contracts with you, transact with you via the booking platform or have any other commercial dealings with you, we may also collect your credit card and /or banking details and billing information, as well as the pickup and destination address details (including whether you are a home owner or renter) for any services that are requested.
If you are engaged as a service provider via the booking platform, we may also collect information relevant to assessing your suitability and performance, including details regarding qualifications, length of engagement, resume, current and former employment details, pay rate and salary, bank details, feedback from supervisors, feedback from customers, training records and logs of your usage of our equipment (e.g. phones, computers and vehicles). If you are engaged by us as an individual contractor, we may also collect information relevant to assessing your capability and the terms on which we wish to transact with you.
If you attend a premises we operate or manage, we may:
- collect certain contact details that you provide to us (which may be via digital check-in apps), including the date and time of attendance, including so that we can comply with applicable laws (such as public health directives). If we collect such information to comply with a particular law, we will only use and disclose it in accordance with applicable laws; and
- record your image and/or voice through the use of Closed-Circuit Television (CCTV) systems footage of you via our CCTV devices, for the purposes of managing security of the premises and health and safety of occupants and the public generally.
If you use our Website or Apps, we may record details of your device details and operating systems and we may utilise cookies to collect additional information about your use of our Website and Apps. Please see the cookies section below for further details of the types of information collected and how you can control what information is collected.
If you have provided us with permission to access your location when accessing the Website or App, we may collect information about your geographical location to provide location based functionality to users of the Platform (such as determining who is a service recipient's closest service provider and to provide updates as to service provider location during a job that is organised via the platform).
We only collect sensitive information about you with your consent, or otherwise in accordance with the Privacy Act. The main types of sensitive information we may collect include:
- details of injuries (ie. health information) that may occur on our premises or arising through the use of our services;
- details of disabilities or allergies (i.e. health information) so we can accommodate any special requirements when you attend our premises or performing any services.
- criminal record checks and information.
If you do provide sensitive information to us for any reason (for example, if you provide us with information about a disability you have), you consent to us collecting that information and to us using and disclosing that information for the purpose for which you disclosed it to us and as permitted by the Privacy Act and other relevant laws.
In addition to the types of personal information identified above, we may collect personal information as otherwise permitted or required by law.
Where you do not wish to provide us with your personal information, we may not be able to provide you with requested goods or services.
3. Our purposes for handling your personal information
As a general rule, we only process personal information for purposes that would be considered relevant and reasonable in the circumstances. The purposes for which we use and disclose your personal information will depend on the circumstances in which we collect it. Whenever practical we endeavor to inform you why we are collecting your personal information, how we intend to use that information and to whom we intend to disclose it at the time we collect your personal information.
We may use or disclose your personal information:
- for the purposes for which we collected it (and related purposes which would be reasonably expected by you);
- for other purposes to which you have consented; and
- as otherwise authorised or required by law.
In general we collect, use and disclose your personal information so that we can do business together and for purposes connected with our business operations.
Some of the specific purposes for which we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information are as follows:
- operate our booking platform including via the Website, our Apps and phone;
- to organise and manage any requests for moving services, and to allow service recipients and service providers to connect with each other and share information via messaging functionality via the platform regarding those services;
- to facilitate the payment arrangements between service recipients, service providers and Connect Market, and the sending of invoices;
- where you have provided us with access to your geographical location via the Website or our App, to send you push notifications and other electronic communications (including SMS) so that updates can be provided regarding the status of services organised via the platform (i.e. how far away the service provider is);
- to receive goods or services from you;
- to confirm your identity;
- to consider you for a job (whether as an employee or contractor) or other relationships with us;
- to optimise and customise the user experience (including content and advertising) for users of the Website and our other websites, Apps and services, and to develop and improve our platform and services;
- to protect the security and integrity of the Website and our other websites, Apps and services;
- to obtain your feedback and to find out your level of satisfaction with the platform, the services and your experience with a service provider or service recipient;
- to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- to protect the security, health and safety of our premises, facilities, personnel and visitors;
- to address any issues or complaints that we or you have regarding our relationship; and
- to contact you regarding the above, including via electronic messaging such as SMS and email, by mail, by phone or in any other lawful manner.
4. Who we disclose your personal information to
- if you are a service recipient, to the service provider that has been organised to provide the moving services;
- if you are a service provider, to the service recipient that has requested your moving services;
- our suppliers, contractors and organisations that provide us with technical and support services (including payment service providers);
- our related entities (who may use and disclose the information in the same manner we can);
- our accountants, insurers, lawyers, auditors and other professional advisers;
- any third parties to whom you have directed or permitted us to disclose your personal information (e.g. referees); and
- in the unlikely event that we or our assets may be acquired or considered for acquisition by a third party, that third party and its advisors;
We may also disclose your personal information in accordance with any consent you give or where disclosure is authorised, compelled or permitted by law.
If we disclose information to a third party, we generally require that the third party protect your information to the same extent that we do.
If you post information to certain public parts of our Website, App or to our social media pages, you acknowledge that such information may be available to be viewed by the public. You should use discretion in deciding what information you upload to such sites.
5. Protection of personal information
We will hold personal information as either secure physical records, electronically on our intranet system, in cloud storage, and in some cases, records on third party servers, which may be located overseas. We use a range of security measures to protect the personal information we hold, including by implementing IT security tools to protect our electronic databases.
We will destroy or de-identify personal information once it is no longer needed for a valid purpose or required to be kept by law.
6. Direct marketing
Like most businesses, marketing is important to our continued success. We therefore like to stay in touch with customers and let them know about new offers and opportunities. We may provide you with information about products, services and promotions either from us, or from third parties which may be of interest to you, where:
- you have consented to us doing so; or
- it is otherwise permitted by law.
You may opt out at any time if you no longer wish to receive direct marketing messages from us. You can make this request by contacting our Privacy Officer.
We may use third party vendors to show our ads on sites on the Internet and serve these ads based on a user’s prior visits to our Website. We may also use analytics data supplied by these vendors to inform and optimise our ad campaigns based on your prior visits to our Website.
8. Accessing and correcting your personal information
You may contact our Privacy Officer (see section 12) to request access to the personal information that we hold about you and/or to make corrections to that information, at any time. On the rare occasions when we refuse access, we will provide you with a written notice stating our reasons for refusing access. We may seek to recover from you reasonable costs incurred for providing you with access to the personal information we hold about you.
We are not obliged to correct any of your personal information if we do not agree that it requires correction and may refuse to do so. If we refuse a correction request, we will provide you with a written notice stating our reasons for refusing.
We will respond to all requests for access to or correction of personal information within a reasonable time.
9. Overseas transfers of personal information
Some of the third parties to whom we disclose personal information may be located outside Australia. The countries in which such third party recipients are located depend on the circumstances. In the ordinary course of business we commonly disclose personal information to recipients located in India.
From time to time we may also engage an overseas recipient to provide services to us, such as cloud-based storage solutions. Please note that the use of overseas service providers to store personal information will not always involve a disclosure of personal information to that overseas provider.
By providing your personal information to us, you consent to us disclosing your personal information to any such overseas recipients for purposes necessary or useful in the course of operating our business, and agree that APP 8.1 will not apply to such disclosures. For the avoidance of doubt, in the event that an overseas recipient breaches the Australian Privacy Principles, that entity will not be bound by, and you will not be able to seek redress under, the Privacy Act.
We collect information in relation to employees as part of their application and during the course of their employment, either from them or in some cases from third parties such as recruitment agencies. Such information may include contact details, qualifications, resume, current and former employment details, pay rate and salary, bank details, feedback from supervisors, training records and logs of your usage of our equipment (e.g. phones, computers and vehicles).
Under the Privacy Act, personal information about a current or former employee may be held, used or disclosed in any way that is directly connected to the employment relationship. We handle employee information in accordance with legal requirements and our applicable policies in force from time to time.
11. Resolving personal information concerns
When contacting us please provide as much detail as possible in relation to your question, concern or complaint.
We take all complaints seriously, and will respond to your complaint within a reasonable period. We request that you cooperate with us during this process and provide us with any relevant information that we may need.
If you are dissatisfied with the handling of your complaint, you may contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner:
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
GPO Box 5218, Sydney NSW 2001
Telephone: 1300 363 992
Email: [email protected]
12. Contact details of Privacy Officer
The contact details for our Privacy Officer are as follows:
Email : [email protected]
Our Website may contain links to other websites operated by third parties. We make no representations or warranties in relation to privacy practices of any third party website and we are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of any third party website. Third party websites are responsible for informing you about their own privacy practices and procedures.